Monday, May 28, 2012

One More Day!

Day 6 of the Challenge has left me with one thought: I can't wait to break out the washing machine!


I am taking part in the Second Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry (Because life isn't crazy and busy enough without this challenge ;)). For 7 days I will be using only flat cloth diapers and handwashing them in an effort to prove that cloth diapering can be affordable and accessible to all. You can learn more about the rules and why this challenge was started by visiting the announcement post. This year there are over 450 participants from all over the world!

Today each blogger gets to pick the topic which means you get to hear me ramble about whatever I want. :) And the winner is...



LINE DRYING DIAPERS/CLOTHES!!!!!

As I mentioned in my previous post Handwashing Diapers Is Oh So Fun..., I really love line drying Baby C's diapers. I also hang all of our delicate clothes out to dry (or inside if it's raining), as well as any of our clothes that are lightly stained. The power of the sun never ceases to amaze me when it comes to stain removal. While I'm not sure how often I will handwash my diapers once the Challenge has ended, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be line drying those babies in the sun this summer!

I recommend that everyone give line drying a try! It's rather inexpensive to set up a clothesline. And if you aren't able to do that, a drying rack can be an even more affordable, easy option.

Reasons why I think everyone should at least try line drying:
1. Clothes feel and smell wonderfully warm, crunchy and nature-y.
2. The sun can bleach and disinfect (especially useful for diapers - say goodbye to stink!)
3. Uses less energy.
4. Uses more physical energy = exercise during housework!
5. Can do laundry outside in the sun instead of in the dingy basement. :)

And finally, here is a little video on how it can save you $$ and energy - You have the Right To Dry!



Give it a try!

How about you? Do you line dry your diapers or clothes? Why or why not?

Check out how Day 6 is going for the other bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment