Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nothing Like a Nice Bath...

When our chickies were a few months old we discovered one of their favorite past times - dust bathing. Turns out it is actually a natural way to ward off various pests and to beat the heat. We also think it's rather amusing to watch. It always makes me smile when I catch them during a "bath."

I hope this clip brings a smile to your face!


All you fellow chicken-keepers, try to keep a patch of dirt or sand box available for your little friends, especially during the warmer months.
And if you have a garden, don't let them near it! In my experience, chickens are world-renowned destroyers of gardens.

*Music courtesy of Beck (probably).

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying reading your blog. I didn't know the chickens did a "dust bath" - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) Glad I can share a little of my chicken knowledge! Haha

    ReplyDelete